Spring is finally here. The birds are singing and the warm weather is uplifting our spirits. What better gift for our beautiful singing birds than Homemade Birdseed Ornaments!!! Hang these ornaments in your yard and watch these feathery friends gather and perhaps they will surprise you with a tune or two in appreciation for the goodies you made for them.
- Birdseed Mix
- Peanut Butter
- Wooden Spring Cutouts or other Templates
- Jute Twine
- Cardboard Box
- Black Flair
- Awl or hole punch
- Cut out a cardboard piece to fit your shapes.
- Trace your shape onto the cardboard using the wooden cut outs or templates.
- Trace 2 circles on top of each shape to hang the ornaments.
- With Awl punch holes. Cut a piece of Jute Twine, about 14". Thread each end of twine through openings to make the hanger.
- Knot each Twine end toward the back of the ornament.
- Spread Peanut Butter all over the front and back of the ornaments.
- Sprinkle birdseed over the ornaments. . This part is a bit sticky and messy...
- Set your Ornaments in a dry spot to dry...