Mother's Day is upon us. There are so many ways to say "Thanks Mom" for everything she does, her guidance, her LOVE.
I decided to make a special Mother's Day gift Mom can use to keep buttons, stamps, etc.
Washi-Tape has become my favorite craft supply to create these days!!!! On a visit to Michaels I stumbled upon Glass Canning Jars; priced at $1.00 each. Bells started to ring... I said to myself... "Mother's Day Themed Canning Jars".
I purchased a package of Martha Stewart's Paper Tape at A.C. Moore last week. The package comes with 4 rolls styled with polka dots, plaid, checkerboard and flowers. I decided to create the MOM's Phrases using different Fonts, adding Hearts and Flowers to complement each other.
To begin, I gathered the following:
- Washi-Tape. I used Martha Stewart's Vintage Girl Paper Tape.
- 3 8oz. Canning Jars
- Contact Paper
- Tracing Paper
- Mod Podge
- Foam Brush
- Fonts, Graphics of your choice. I found the graphics online shown on the picture below and create the phrases in Word using different font sizes and styles.
- Start by downloading graphics, fonts or make your own. I create my word phrases in word using different fonts and sizes.
- Trace images and fonts using the tracing and contact papers by creating layers. Place contact paper with backing facing up, followed by tracing paper and finally the image on top.
Go HERE to view my Washi-Tape Clipboard tutorial on tracing images.
- Begin adding your Washi-Tape strips on the opposite side of the contact Paper. Lay a blank piece of paper under the image to make it easier to see it while applying the tape.
- After all the Jars are finished; apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to seal the designs.
Take a look at my finished Mother's Day Canning Jars. I think Mom will love these. These are as adorable as they are functional. As you can see I filled these jars with rolls of Washi-Tape... They fit in perfectly. I think I will make a set for myself with different graphics...
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!