Thursday, April 5, 2012

10
The Social Knitwork Scarf

Happy Spring to all you!!!! I am extremely excited to participate in the Conceptual Knitting Series, #2,
"The Social Knitwork Scarf", hosted by Leafcutter Designs. The Social Knitwork Scarf is a fun way to bring together my Love for Knitting and my Social Networks. The fun begins when my Friends, Family and Acquaintances help me design a Scarf which will be knitted in stripes of four colors; designated to the most popular social media: Facebook; Twitter; Pinterest/Gmail and Blogger. The Colors they will be choosing from are: Cherry, Silver Blue, Pumpkin and Colonial Blue.
I will knit rows as the comments arrive with the colors they have chosen, until the Scarf reaches the length I desired.

Materials:
  • Worsted Weight Yarn in four colors
  • Knitting Needles - Size 8
Instructions:
  1. Cast on 32 stitches in the color each person chose and knit every row in Garter Stitch.
  2. Continue knitting rows in Garter Stitch in the color choices as they arrive for desired length.


Please pick a color and tell me why??
Leave me a comment with your color choice. Thank you for participating in this Fun Social Network project.



My Social KnitWork Scarf will in some way be part of all of you and I will cherish it forever. Happy Easter!!!

10 comments:

  1. I would choose the Pumpkin color because of it being orange. Orange is the color representing RSD/CRPS, which I have. It is a very painful disorder that is crippling and has very little in the way of treatment and no cure. Please support RSD/CRPS Awareness and weave in some orange (perhaps a ribbon?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karma,
      Thanks for choosing a color for my scarf. I do hope Science find a cure for these disorders. I appreciate you taking time to respond to this post. How can I support Awareness for RSD/CRPS? Is there a specific agency one can contribute, etc.??? Please let me know. God Bless.

      Delete
  2. i love the pumpkin orange color! It makes me feel happy and alive! This is such a fun idea! i'm excited to see your progress!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah,
      Thanks for your response. I do love Orange. It is such a happy, warm and exciting color. I will post pictures of my progres... Happy Easter!!!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pick pumpkin because when I was little I got to pick what color to paint my bedroom and I picked this bright orange color! I had to share the room with my little sister and she was mad because she didn't get a say in it. LOL! We are in our 40's now and she still likes to remind me how unfair it was for her to be stuck in that orange room! BAHAHA! :) I love this idea of what you are doing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia,
      Thanks for your comment and the sweet memory. Your poor sister!!! It's great you can still think about your childhood and laugh..

      Delete
  5. Cherry! I love the dark coloring of the yarn! I think all of the colors mesh really well!

    xoxo Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. I do love all these colors together. I can't wait to finish this scarf and picture everyone's choices, and stories.. Happy Easter!!!

      Delete
  6. Are you looking for free Google+ Circles?
    Did you know that you can get these AUTOMATICALLY & TOTALLY FREE by using Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover