Wednesday, February 27, 2013

10
St. Patrick's Day Garland



I love Crocheting Garlands. For St. Patrick's Day, I crocheted my Garland from a pattern I found on Crochet-Mania and modified it by Crocheting two Medium Shamrocks using two stands of yarn held together and crocheting the stems right on the Shamrock.

Materials:
  • Size H Crochet Hook
  • Size J Crochet Hook
  • Worsted Weight Yarn in two Shades of Green

Instructions:

Small Shamrock:
  1. Start with the small Crochet Hook and a Magic Ring or Chain 4 and join with a slip stitch to 1st chain to form a loop.
  2. * Chain 3. Make 3 Triple Crochet, Chain 3, slip stitch into Loop **.
  3. Repeat from * to ** 2 more times to make 3 leaves.
  4. For Stem; Chain 5, slip stitch in 2nd chain from hook and into next 3 chains. Slip stitch into center of ring. Fasten off. Weave in ends.
Medium Shamrock:
  1. With Larger Hook, Crochet Medium Shamrock using two strands of yarn (one of each color) held together.


Garland:
  1. With large crochet hook and 2 strands of yarns held together, Chain 8. Slip stitch in first chain to make first hanging loop.
  2. * Chain 12. Make a single crochet on top of the Middle Leaf of the Shamrock. Continue from * across to attach all the Shamrocks. For my Garland, I alternated between light and dark green with the two-tone Shamrocks in between.
  3. For the second hanging loop; Chain 20. Slip stitch into the 8th chain.
  4. Fasten Off. Weave in ends.


Happy St. Patrick's Day...

Linking to:

Visit thecsiproject.com



10 comments:

  1. Great! Thanks for sharing, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up to Toot Your Horn Tuesday. I am your newest Linky Follower. Thanks for your sweet comment on my wreath too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie. I gathered all my materials and will be making you wreath tomorrow. Can' t wait to share it with you.

      Delete
  3. Featuring YOU this morning over on my blog. Thank you for linking up to {wow me} wednesday.

    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

    http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2012/03/take-look-at-you-special-st-patricks.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ginger. I'm thrill....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up at Live Laugh Linky! Hope you'll stop by again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic blog! I dont think Ive seen all the angles of this subject the way youve pointed them out.
    Garlands

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is amazing! Totally love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! I've just started making the shamrocks...I love your pattern! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover